Air Conditioning Service & Maintenance
Did you know that approximately half of the total amount of the energy consumed in your home goes to heating and cooling? Performing annual air conditioning service of your HVAC systems can help to locate any potential problems that may be inadvertently costing you money. Even minor issues that are easy to ignore can add up over time and have a major effect on your monthly utility costs not to mention the limiting of the HVAC equipment’s lifetime.
Our NATE-certified technicians service all makes and models of heating and cooling units. We will first conduct a visual inspection to locate any mechanical issues.
Then we will conduct air conditioning service tests using special instruments to see how efficient your equipment is. Finally, we will increase your efficiency level as much as possible, which will save you money on energy. In most cases, smart maintenance procedures will yield great long-term benefits:
- Prolong equipment life
- Help eliminate costly service repair calls
- Satisfy the manufacturer’s requirements for warranty
- Reduce monthly utility charges
If there are no major issues encountered during your air conditioning service, the tune-up should take no more than an hour. If we do find an issue or have a recommendation for you, we will take the time to discuss all options with you.
Allow the cooling experts at ServiceMark Heating, Cooling & Plumbing to help you protect your residential HVAC investment with air conditioning service and maintenance.
Our service technician will:
- Level and calibrate the thermostat
- Clean washable air filters as needed or install customer supplied throw- away filter
- Monitor volts/amps on the inside blower fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect bearings for wear
- Flush/treat the condensate drain line with anti-algae solution
- Inspect the outside condensing unit
- Inspect all safety devices and controls for proper operation
- Inspect the indoor air coil if accessible
- Gauge and monitor the operating pressure of the refrigerant
- Inspect the outside disconnect box
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Clean debris from the area around the outdoor condensing unit
- Monitor the compressor for proper amperage draw
- Test and inspect contractors for burned, pitted contacts
- Look for exposed wiring and correct when noted
- Test capacitors
- Inspect the fan blade
- Double check supply ducting for air loss
- Measure temperature differences between the supply and the return air
- Check service valves
- Advise homeowner as to over conditions and health of the system and answer any pertinent questions
Visit our service agreements page for more information on how we can automatically perform this important service on a yearly basis.
With offices in Exton, PA; King of Prussia, PA; and New Castle, DE; ServiceMark is proud to provide Air Conditioning Service & Maintenance to Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, New Castle, Kent, Sussex, Cecil counties and other counties in Eastern Maryland.