Although we have been experiencing warmer than normal weather up to this point, the (terrible) truth is that the winter is coming and it’s shaping up to be very cold.
When the weather is below freezing, nothing beats having a nice warm home to hide away in. However, something always goes wrong at the worst time, like during a blizzard or a sub-zero winter night.
When this happens, your family can be stuck in a freezing cold house, waiting for help to arrive.
At ServiceMark Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we believe in the ‘better safe than sorry’ philosophy. With this approach, we strive to avoid the inconvenience, extra expenses and sometimes even health issues that are caused by a malfunctioning heating system.
This winter, don’t wait for something to break – proactively ensure that your home’s heating system is functioning properly and ensure you and your family are protected during the upcoming cold, winter months.
Not only can your heating system malfunction, but also other problems, such as frozen pipes, leakages and more, can surface.
Below are the top 10 things you can do now to prepare for the upcoming winter months:
- Clean your heater – you should have a licensed HVAC contractor thoroughly clean your heater
- Change your heater filters
- Purchase a service agreement for your home HVAC systems. ServiceMark Solutions offers several different service agreements that cover parts and labor if you have an unexpected breakdown
- Add or increase attic and/or basement insulation
- Insulate your windows
- Reverse your ceiling fan directions to blow downward, sending the heat down from the ceiling
- Clear all outside vents of snow buildup
- Ensure your carbon monoxide detector is plugged in and has fresh batteries
- Check your smoke alarms and batteries – these should be replaced every 6 months
- Take action now to ensure you and your family have a safe and warm winter inside your home. Call on ServiceMark Solutions who has provided a full range of home comfort products and services for over 60 years.
All of our service agreement plans provide more than just expert service, repair, and installation of heating systems, winterization and other HVAC services – they provide peace of mind!
You and your family deserve to be cozy and warm this winter, so call on the professionals at ServiceMark Solutions for all of your HVAC needs in Exton, King of Prussia and Wilmington.
Our experienced HVAC contractors are standing by, ready to ensure you have a carefree, warm winter in your home.
Contact us for more information and to make an appointment – 1-800-474-5200.
Below is an Infographic that illustrates the top 10 ways to survive the winter months: